What is science?
Science is a process of trying to understand the world by making models (or theories) which have predictive power. It usually involves:
• Looking for patterns (which can be clues to underlying laws)
This may involve
• Suggesting an explanation (hypothesis) which explains all the observations made so far AND predicts new ones
• Making an experiment or collecting more data which tests the prediction
• (If the experiment fails) Suggesting another hypothesis, and trying another experiment....
• Telling others what you have discovered.